Turkey Day is almost here — and after that, the Christmas countdown is on! We love counting down the days to important dates or holidays here in my house, which is probably why I love the idea of advent calendars so much. Check out these 5 creative advent calendar finds and get inspired to make your own advent over the long Thanksgiving weekend!
- Chevron Advent Calendar Kit ($16): I think by now you all know I have a borderline-obsessive love for all things chevron. Advent calendars are no exception! I love the modern look of this calendar — and it’s perfect for those that want to get into the holiday spirit without having their homes look like Santa’s workshop.
- Printable Advent Calendar Tree Cones ($7): Decorate your tree — or your mantle! — with these printable advent calendar cones. The classic holiday patterns used for the paper cones will match perfectly with your traditional holiday decor — and give it a modern touch!
- Christmas Advent Jar (DIY): I love this ideas for two reasons. Not only is it a unique twist on the traditional advent calendar — there’s no candy involved! Decorate matchboxes and place little notes inside of things you’ll do as a family until Christmas. Isn’t family what’s all about anyway?!
- Baby Sock Advent Calendar (DIY): Put those old — or new — holiday socks to good use and string them up with clothes pins for a one-of-a-kind and super personalized advent calendar!
- A Cone-iferous Advent (DIY): Give your family advent calendar tradition a modern — and crafty — makeover with this cone advent idea. Create a forest full of paper cones that hide tiny treasures! Make it a family project and have everyone join in and help make the cones.