I’m thrilled to have Ana of Bluebird Kisses share some of her design inspirations with us today! Bluebird Kisses (a blog dedicated to everything stylish and beautiful for moms, babies and life) has become a must-read for me. Ana has a great eye for design and we’re sure you’ll love her nursery decorating ideas and tips for a yellow, gender-neutral nursery.
Deciding on the perfect nursery pieces for a soon-to-be little guy or girl can be a challenge, especially if you do not have a color scheme in mind.
The best way to start is with a piece of inspiration. This can be a photo, a piece of furniture, or even a quilt. Decide which colors attract you and how you can incorporate them into a complete design.
image source here
Yellow based color schemes are lovely and bright. The color opens up rooms, and creates an inviting atmosphere. Tie it all in with crisp white furniture and some bold colors such as pinks and blues, and you have the perfect retreat for you and your baby.
1. Giraffe Sconce ($195) from Jonathan Adler
2. Hot Air Balloon Mobile (approx. $89) from Classic Original Models
3. Eames Rocker ($550) from Herman Miller
4. Hensvik Crib ($120) from IKEA
5. Wheely Bug ($90-$98) from Ella + Elliot
6. Monkey Storage Bin ($32) from 3 Sprouts